BUCKMORE PARK KART CLUB LTD.
BAMBINO KARTING SUMMER 2013
1. The Buckmore Park Kart Club will organise Kart Clubman Permit meetings on 21st April, 19th May, 16th June, 21st July, 15th September, 20th October, 17th November and 15th December 2013.
2. The meeting will be held under the General Regulations of the Motor Sports Association (incorporating the provisions of the International Sporting Code of the FIA) and these Supplementary Regulations, plus any further written instructions from the club or updates that will be published on the MSA website. MSA 2013 Specific Karting Technical Regulations apply, together with the 2013 ABkC regulations within the 2013 MSA Kart Race Yearbook. ELIGIBLE CLASS will be Bambino karts. The regulations for this class can be found on the MSA website or will be available from the Club.
3. MSA Permit Nos. 76237, 76238, 76239 76240, 76241, 76242, 76243, 76244.
4. The event is open to current members of the BPKC Ltd., Bayford Meadow, Beccles, Camberley, Clay Pigeon, Dunkeswell, Forest Edge, Hoddesdon, Hunts, Lincs, Manchester & Buxton, Shenington, Trent Valley, Whilton Mill or Rochester Motor Club kart clubs, who hold a valid MSA competition licence, minimum Kart Clubman licence for Bambino drivers. Competitors are reminded of Section U14.1.5 of the current MSA Yearbook.
5. The event will NOT become a round of the BPKC Ltd. Summer Championship.
6. The programme times are as follows: (Times may be altered due to weather conditions).
Signing On 8.00am to 9.15am
Scrutineering 8.00am to 9.25am
Driver’s Briefing 9.30am
First Race Following Practice
7. The standard Bambino events will have — 2 practice sessions and 2 heats.
8. Grid positions will be determined by the Club.
9. Practice will be a minimum of 6 laps.
10. The Bambino track measures 300 metres and has 5 corners.
11. Number Plates – As per Section U 17.25 — 17.25.4, please note U 17.27 — 17.28.1. of the current MSA Yearbook
(not supplied by the Club).
12. Karts must NOT be driven in the pits.
13. It is important that NO ENGINES ARE TO BE RUN BEFORE 10am, ALSO NO ENGINES ARE TO BE RUN IN THE PIT AREA AT ANY TIME. See Section U 12.7 — U 12.7.3 of the current MSA Yearbook. Failure to observe this rule could result in exclusion from the meeting.
14. Judges of fact will be the Chief Timekeeper (judging laps completed and finishing order), the Starter (race starts), the Chief Scrutineer and Eligibility Scrutineer (on Technical matters), and the Environmental Scrutineer (judging kart noise). ANY DRIVER THAT LOSES A NOISE INTAKE OR EXHAUST MUST RETURN TO THE PITS IMMEDIATELY, failure to observe this rule will result in exclusion from the meeting.
15. Drivers are reminded of the restrictions on advertising (Section H 28.1.1. — 28.1.6. of current MSA Yearbook).
16. Certificates will be presented as per Bambino regulations. The Club may award additional awards as necessary.
17. The maximum entry for each meeting is 26 including reserves. The minimum is 4. The maximum for each session is 6, and the organisers reserve the right to cancel as necessary.
18. The entry list begins upon receipt of these Regulations and closes 6 days prior to the meeting. ALL ENTRIES MUST BE ON THE APPROPRIATE FORM AND BE ACCOMPANIED BY THE CORRECT FEE. Failure to do this will result in your entry form being returned.
19. Entries to be sent to the Competition Secretary, Sheila Rose, BPKC Ltd., Buckmore Park Kart Circuit, Maidstone Road, Chatham, Kent. ME5 9QG. Tel: 01634 661604 (24 hour answer phone). Fax No: 01634 686104.
20. Entry Fees – £55 (Members) and £65 (non-members). A refund less a £5 administration fee will only be given if notification is given in writing and tickets/passes are returned by the day before the meeting. Should any meeting have to be cancelled for whatever reason a £10 administration fee will be held by the Club. A credit for the appropriate fee will be held to another meeting unless informed otherwise in writing. Late entries will be accepted up until Wednesday before the meeting at £15 surcharge. Any cheque that is returned to the BPKC Ltd. will be surcharged £10. FAX ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED, BUT THE ORIGINAL COPY MUST BE SENT 1ST CLASS THAT DAY. It is preferred that payment is made by credit card. Entries will be held until payment has been received.
21. The organisers have the right to refuse an entry for whatever reason (Subject to Section H 30.1.3. (b). of the current MSA Yearbook).
22. Drivers are reminded that it is their responsibility to ensure that all Kart and Engine numbers conform to the numbers inserted on the Scrutineering cards, and be signed by the driver and scrutineer and be handed in at Pre Race Scrutineering. If any driver is under 18 then the card must be signed by a Parent/Guardian.
23. Officials of the Meeting: representatives of the MSA and a selection of the following – Club Stewards: Chris Pullman, Ken Webb, Roger Sheffield, Alan Wood, Paul Phillips, Tom Banister, Michael Green and Bill Sisley. Clerk of the Course: Chris Pullman, Vic Parrott, Roger Sheffield, Paul Beatty, Michael Leverington, Vince Lepine or Gordon Cuthill. Chief Scrutineer: Peter Groombridge, Roy Baker, Kelvin Nicholls or Tim Cooke.
24. A list of results will be timed, signed and published as soon as possible after each race on the Official Notice Board which will be situated in the paddock area.
25. Any protest must be lodged in accordance with Section C 5.1 — 5.7 of the 2013 MSA Yearbook.
26. Silencing of Karts – All karts must always comply with levels defined in the MSA Regulations and additional regulations given in Appendix 3 of the 2013 Kart Race Yearbook.
27. Only one chassis and two engines will be permitted.
28. Tyres – As per Bambino regulations. MAXIMUM OF ONE SET OF SLICKS PER COMPETITOR DURING AN EVENT.
29. Crash helmets, Race suits and Gloves must be as per MSA Yearbook Section U 13.1 — U 13.4.2. Racewear must be worn at Scrutineering.
30. Competitors Responsibilities: You are reminded that you are responsible for the behaviour of mechanics and helpers. Anyone using foul language or threatening behaviour will be dealt with most severely. Your attention is drawn to MSA Yearbook Regulations Section U 12.1 — U 12.7.3 with emphasis on Section U 12.1 — U 12.2.2.
31. Information can be obtained from the circuit – Tel: 01634 201562, Internet Web Site – www.buckmore.co.uk email: email@example.com
32. DOGS ARE NOT ALLOWED WITHIN THE BUCKMORE PARK and a strict 10-mph speed limit applies in the park.
33. Mini bikes, Pedal bikes and scooters are banned from the circuit and pit areas at all times. Failure to observe this rule could result in exclusion from the meeting.
34. Overnight camping is allowed Friday and Saturday night before a meeting (No tents).
35. Drivers will be required to purchase a transponder & holder as per MSA Kart Race Yearbook Appendix 4 Section F. Transponders may be hired from the BPKC Ltd. for the computer lap scoring at a cost of £10 per meeting, however drivers must purchase a transponder holder at a one off cost of £6 (if needed). It is the responsibility of the team and any loss or damage will have to be paid for by the driver. (Maximum charge £150). If any driver hires a transponder and leaves the circuit before the end of the event, the Transponder MUST be returned to Race Control, as your licence will be held until it is returned.
36. Any driver involved in a Red Flag incident may be requested to report to the Medical Organisation or Paramedic before being allowed to take part in further racing.
37. It is mandatory for all competitors to carry a fire extinguisher to a minimum of BSEN3 standard with 55B-size rating. These must be kept in the competitors pit area at all times.
38. It is strongly recommended that drivers and trackside officials use earplugs or ear defenders during racing.
39. Any driver or team member found damaging the tarmac in the paddock area will be excluded from the meeting and charged for any damage.
40. All competitors under the age of 18 are reminded of Section U14.1.5 of the 2013 MSA Yearbook.
41. ANYONE MISUSING OR DAMAGING BUILDINGS WILL BE BANNED FROM RACING AND TESTING AT BUCKMORE PARK.
42. By countersigning as parents/guardians/guarantors of minors you agree that you have no objection to still or moving images being taken of the driver/volunteer official undertaking their sporting activities.
43. Competitors must take any used tyres home with them and not leave them at the circuit. Any competitor found to have left tyres behind may have future entries refused.
44. Could all teams ensure that they comply with the English Smokefree Legislation.
45. Any teams entering the meeting will be required to confirm in writing that they hold a valid public liability insurance certificate.
46. As the MSA Bambino class it in its infancy, please be aware that the rules and regulations are still very much work in progress and may well evolve throughout 2013.
47. Sporting Regulations — Judicial Procedures
In accordance with Section C of the current MSA Yearbook and the 2013 Karting Penalty Trial table of mandatory penalties as appended to these Supplementary Regulations.